This is a brilliant way to use up any leftover bananas that you’ve got lying around. The best bananas to use are the overripe kind, the ones that are squishy and going slightly brown.
2 to 3 very ripe peeled bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg,
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a 4x8 loaf tin with baking paper
2) In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they're smooth.
3) Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
4) Mix in the bicarbonate of soda and salt.
5) Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
6) Mix in the flour.
7) Pour the mix into the loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, (better to check it earlier so it doesn't overcook).
8) Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes.
9) Remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving.
10) Slice and enjoy!