I think there is a lot of expectation when you say something is the ‘best ever’ version of itself. In this case however I am completely confident when I say it. They honestly taste incredible and I am yet to find better. In this version of the recipe I use cherries, but feel free to swap in a nuttier alternative, if that is more to your taste.
375g soft unsalted butter.
375g dark chocolate.
6 large eggs.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
500g caster sugar.
225g plain flour.
1 teaspoon salt.
250g glace cherries
100g good quality chocolate
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2) Line a large baking tray with foil or baking paper.
3) Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a large saucepan (Pro tip: Start melting the butter first and add the chocolate gradually- makes such a difference, honestly.)
4) In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
5) Measure the flour into a separate bowl and add the salt.
6) When the chocolate mixture has melted, leave it to cool a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar.
7) Add the flour mixture.
8) Halve the cherries and break up the 100g of chocolate. Add to the mixture.
9) Mix it all together well and then scrape out of the saucepan into the lined baking tray.
10) Bake for about 25 minutes.
11) Keep checking the brownies as they cook; it’s better to get them out earlier rather than later as they continue to cook as they cool.
12) Leave to cool before cutting and then try not to eat them all. Or just eat them all, I’m not judging.
There you go! My Best Ever Chocolate Brownies. I really hope that you enjoy them as much as I do, which is an awful lot.