This drink is something I have to seriously ration because if I didn’t I would make it every day in Summer, and I’m not sure that amount of sugar would be good for my health. It is the perfect quick go to for Parties, Gatherings, BBQ’s; you Name it, it’s a real crowd pleaser. Anywho I thought I’d share it with you, so that you too can aquire a sugar addiction:
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Lemon Juice (4-6 lemons)
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
Cold Filtered Water
1. Mix the sugar and the cup of water together in a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Juice the lemons
3. Pour the juice and the syrup you have just made with the water and sugar into a serving pitcher.
4. Add 2 or more cups of cold, filtered water- it really depended on your preference, have a taste and if it’s too sweet add more water. You can also add a bit of straight lemon juice to make it slightly sharper.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
6. Serve with ice and sliced lemons