Take a moment to check out this 'Red Tractor Picnic' party we helped organise for a 3 year old boys birthday.
The small playground in Kensington Gardens was chosen as the party venue, which I was really excited about. It being the first 'red tractor' themed party I'd been asked to organise, I was very surprised at how hard it was to find decorations to fit such a specific theme. It was time to get my thinking cap on...!
Here are some ideas I ended up with ...
- A lovely big red and white gingham picnic mat made a perfect seating area for the children
- I turned a few of our Crate a Party crates upside down to make little tables to display the food. Fake grass runner cut offs and hessian material made cute looking tablecloths for them.
- Small bunches of sunflowers in glass jars.
-Farmyard themed napkins, cups and paper plates.
- Red plastic cutlery were displayed in stainless steel pots labelled 'Pitch Forks and Shovels' (in keeping with the tractor theme)
- Mini haybales scattered around the table.
- Cake Create on Westbourne Grove provided us with a delicious red tractor cake which went down a treat.
- A big bunch of dark green and red balloons, with, of course a red tractor foil balloon.
- I managed to source a small children's picnic table which came in handy towards the end of the party for tired parents to sit down at.
-Red and white stripey paper straws
- Bespoke tractor decorations to put in the cups and the flower pots.
- Handmade red tractor themed bunting with the birthday boys name on.
-To top it off, our catering company did a lovely job with the food providing us with jam + peanut butter sandwiches, tomato + mascarpone pasta salad, pesto + spinach pasta salad, fruit kebabs, carrot + cucumber sticks and large bowls of popcorn!
Luckily the weather turned out lovely! Plan B was to have a picnic at home, which wouldn't have been nearly as fun!
Until next time,
Crate a Party